Ad Cash

Friday, April 16, 2010

2nd Ave Sagas A First Rate Transit Blog

There are lots of people who are into trains. In fact the world of transit in general brings together many people who are fascinated with the inner workings of various systems around the world. Although I am not as deeply involved in the hobby I have had and still do have an interest in trains in particular subways. I am more or less fascinated by the daily workings of systems as opposed to the technical side of things. If I ever win the million I would love to tour some of the more famous systems of the world. However for now I just read about them on the net. One system of note is New York's. It's vast and running it is a challenge at the best of times. There is always something happening in and around the system that gets people talking and bloggers blogging.

One blog on the net is 2nd Ave Sagas, written by Benjamin Kabak. The blog is a mix of technical, historical and operational details on the New York system. Some of the recent articles include transit plans for 15 Penn Plaza, new G Train service and an article on a tunnel boring machine. Fear not bus riders, surface transit is covered on this blog so in effect this is more than just a subway blog, it's really a full bodied transit blog. Oh yes the politics of transit is also covered on this blog. This is a well established blog it goes back to Nov 06 and it is updated quite frequently from what I can see. It is very obvious that Mr. Kabak takes great care in developing his blog.

I liked this blog and I think you will as well. I may even become a follower of it that is how good it really is. Got a blog or are you in Montreal and want to promote your blog fave restaurant or other Montreal item or do you know of a blog that just plain rocks. Let me know, you can send your submissions to cjames5a@gmail.com and I will gladly read through them and post those gems you send.

C. T.

No comments: